VIE / Vollzeit
Saint-Gobain Research Germany near Aachen is looking for a motivated employee at the earliest date possible as
V.I.E. DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER FOR DEFECT QUALIFICATION DEVICE (m/f/d)
As part of the Coating & New Business group, you are going to work with the team in charge of establishing an inspection system for glass products of Saint-Gobain.
You will work on the development of both the hardware part (e.g. illumination, setup geometry, sensors) and the software part ( e.g. image processing, machine learning) of the inspection system.
- Develop new techniques of observations and define requirements for defect qualification.
- Validate suitability of the inspection device for different kinds of defects.
- Assist and advise the industrialisation team for roll out to customers at SGGI.
- Work on image analysis methods to detect/quantify different kind of defects.
- Coordinate exchanges with different teams within Saint-Gobain (production plants, R&D team and industrial partners).
- Elaborate presentations & notes
- Master's degree in material sciences, physics, optics, mechanics or equivalent.
- Knowledge of sputtering process and defects is an advantage
- Experience with image analysis tools such as ImageJ or OpenCV is necessary , as well as with imaging methods (microscopy, photography).
- Good communication skills are a prerequisite.
Experience with programming (Python, C) is a plus.
- Good command of spoken and written English, German is a plus.
If you are open-minded, eager to learn, passionate and a motivated team player, this position is made for you !
About the V.I.E. program
The V.I.E. carries out his/her assignment in a French company operating overseas. Interns can work in a variety of domains.
- The latest your assignment can start is on the day of your 29th birthday. No exceptions can be made.
- You must have European nationality (i.e. be a national of a Member State of the European Economic Area, which includes the 28 Member States of the European Union including Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein and Monaco)
- For more information concerning the V.I.E. program please visit www.civiweb.com